July 19-28, 2017
Live Scouting's Adventure
What is a jamboree?
Well, if you like shooting, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, biking, skateboarding, and archery—this is for you. So get ready to meet 40,000 other Scouts and Ventures’ at the 2017 National Scout Jamboree who share the same idea. The jamboree is held in the mountains of southern West Virginia at a place called the Summit Bechtel Reserve. It’s so cool. It has more than 3 miles of amazing zip lines, canopy tours, world-class rock climbing, white water rafting, BMX Cycle trails, shotgun, rifle, skeet and pistol shooting, archery ranges, SCUBA Diving, swimming, canoeing, rowing, merit badge midway, patch trading, skills events, arena shows, Order of the Arrowmen Village and a whole lot more! You don’t want to miss the national jamboree. It is literally a once-in-a-lifetime event for most Scouts.
Who is eligible to attend?
- be a registered member of a Troop
- have earned First Class Rank
- be 12 years old before the first day of the Jamboree but not turn 18 before the last day of the Jamboree
How much does Jamboree cost?
The total fee for the 2017 BSA National Jamboree is $2,000.00. This fee includes the Jamboree registration, the round-trip charter bus fee, 10 Council Jamboree t-shirts, a Council Jamboree cap, two Council Jamboree Shoulder Strips, two Council Contingent Unit Numerals, a daypack, a duffel bag, and extra tours before and after the Jamboree.
|Non-Refundable Deposit ||$ 100.00 ||Due: Immediately |
|Payment 1 ||$ 320.00 ||Due: May 31, 2016 |
|Payment 2 ||$ 320.00 ||Due: August 15, 2016 |
|Payment 3 ||$ 320.00 ||Due: October 15, 2016 |
|Payment 4 ||$ 320.00 ||Due: February 15, 2017 |
|Payment 5 ||$ 320.00 ||Due: April 15, 2017 |
|Payment 6 ||$ 320.00 ||Due: June 15, 2017 |
|Total Fee Collected ||$ 2000.00 || |
How do I get signed up?
To submit a NEW application, you will need your My.Scouting username and password. If you do not have a My.Scouting account, please go to My.Scouting.org and follow the directions to create an account.
A handful of things to be sure of:
- The My.Scouting account needs to be in the name of the person attending the Jamboree, not the parent/guardian that is completing the application for a youth participant.
- The My.Scouting account you use should also be linked to your current BSA membership number -- available from the council office or your scoutmaster.
- The membership number that you linked to your Jamboree application will be linked to the entire process, including your BSA Health & Medical Record.
- All applicants must have a current, non-expired, BSA membership.
- Use Chrome, Firefox or IE 10 or above to access the Jamboree application. Other browsers may not be compatible with this system.
Visit BSAJamboree.org now to register.
Are there any Scholarships or Camperships available?
The National BSA offers a limited number of camperships (scholarships) for YOUTH PARTICIPANTS to assist in the cost of attending the 2017 National Scout Jamboree. To apply for a campership, parents/guardians of youth should fill out the Campership Application for their youth participant. There is a deadline for applying for these scholarships!
I have more questions, who can I contact for more information?
Please feel free to contact Ronnie Pittman at the Council Office for more information.